- Dow MOLYKOTE™ High-Vacuum Grease is a one component, non-melting silicone oil that is used for sealing and lubricating O-rings, chemical processing equipment, control valves, water treating equipment, pressure systems, plug valves, and high temperature applications. It is a stiff compound with low volatility, and resists chemicals, water, mineral oils, common gases, and organic compounds. 150 g Tube.
• Seal and lubricate chemical processing equipment
• Lubricate plug valves, control valves, flow meter bearings, ceramic plug cocks
and fire extinguisher valves
• Maintain vacuum and pressure systems
• Lubricate water-treating equipment
• Lubricate synthetic rubber gaskets and seals in high-temperature applications
• Lubricate laboratory equipment
• Lubricate O-rings on binoculars and telescopes
• Help prevent fogging of delicate lenses
- Dow High Vacuum Grease Silicone Tube Valve Lubricant can be applied by hand, specially designed automated equipment, brushing or wiping. Certain designs of grease guns may seize up; test prior to use.
- A thinner consistency can be achieved by dispersing in solvents such as xylene, mineral spirits and Methyl Ethyl Ketone (2-Butanone). Dow High Vacuum Grease Silicone Lubricant can then be applied by brushing, dipping or spraying.
- Dow High Vacuum Grease Silicone Lubricant should not be applied to any surface which will be painted or finished. Such coatings may not adhere to the silicone-treated surface. If contaminated by a silicone coating, parts can be wiped or washed with solvent, washed with detergent, or immersed in an alcoholic potassium hydroxide solution and then rinsed in clear water before painting.